Can I straighten and curl my lace wig hair?
The hair is 100% human hair that can withstand household styling tools such as curling irons and flat irons. You can wash, set, and style the wig as you would your own hair. But like your natural hair, the hair can get damaged with the misuse and overuse of products.
How often should I wash my wig?
It’s various for different people depending on various factors (like wearing frequency, hair spray, smoke, climate, care treatment, etc). Generally, you can wash it every 10-12 wearings or every 4-6 weeks.
Can these wigs be cut?
Yes, the wigs are super versatile.
Can I dye the hair?
The technical answer is yes, but I do not recommend any further processing of the hair if it has already been dyed and processed. Only experienced colorists should attempt to color the hair. Remember that though the hair is 100% human hair, it is just as prone to damage from excessive processing as your own hair. I cannot and will not be held responsible for the results.
Is it okay to get the lace wig wet while swimming?
It is ok for the lace wig to get wet, you may even go swimming with it. Before swimming, please verify that your adhesive is waterproof. Also, do not go swimming until after your application has dried for at least 8 hours. Before swimming, place the hair in a low ponytail. This will help ensure that the hair does not get tangled from the chlorine while swimming. After swimming, you may need to wash and condition the wig.
How to prevent and deal with hair tangles?
The good thing is that there are proven techniques on how to stop your hair from tangling and how to deal with it if it should happen:
– Use a volumizing shampoo if your hair is fine or thin. Usually fine and thin hair are prone to tangling and by using shampoos that add volume and movement to thin strands, you can minimize the chances of encountering tangles.
– Rinse with cold or cool water. Cold water helps close the cuticle, which not only adds radiance to the hair but also helps prevent many forms of tangles.
– Avoid rubbing your hair vigorously with a towel. The better way to dry your hair is to blot it gently with a towel.
– Use a detangling spray or conditioning product that will help reduce tangles. It can be in a form of leave on conditioner that you can apply on the area where most tangles occur.
– Do not use a brush on hair that is already tangled. Remove the tangles first by gently pulling the strands with your fingers or a wide tooted comb.
– Make a habit of combing your hair from the bottom upwards.
– Do not allow your hair to fly freely in the wind.
– Never wet your hair when it is already tangled because this will only worsen the situation. Instead, spritz the tangle with a shine serum spray and then massage the knotted area with the palms of your hands. This will help loosen up the tangled area. Untangle with your fingers or a wide toothed comb afterwards.
– Use high quality hair irons.
– Untangle your knotted hair immediately. Do not wait until tomorrow or next week until you do something about the tangles.
How to wash your BlackHottie wig?
1) Fill a washbasin with COOL water and gentle shampoo, then submerge wig into water for about 5-7 minutes.
2) Swish the wig around gently in the water and gently rinse it thoroughly until no suds remain.
3) Lightly shake the wig and let the water drop.
– Do not brush the wig while it’s wet!
4) Place the wig on a bath towel to completely dry overnight.
6) When completely dry, brush the wig into a desired style.
– Do not brush curls!
Don’t try to get every hair in place. This can end up making the finest wig look “wiggy”.
If the style you’ve chosen offers flexibility, don’t be afraid to try different looks using a good wig brush or styling comb.
If you have a round or square shaped face, try to add height at the top while keeping the sides closer to your head.
If you have a longer face, try to minimize height at the top and fluff up the sides.
To hold the style in place, use a good wig spray.
Put the wig on a head model or a fixed bracket when it’s not used. All wigs made of any material used for a long time are subject to be polluted and changed on style, so the cap is more recommended due to fixedness and easy cleaning.